Travel Advice for the ‘Summer Series’
Enclosed is important information for all players travelling to the PDC Summer Series in Milton Keynes.
It is IMPORTANT that you have read your PDC Players Brief which was sent to you via your email address, and check up to date news as things change on a regular basis.
if you do feel unwell and display symptoms of the coronavirus you should not travel, and stay at home in self isolation or as directed by health officials, or if possible have a test before travelling to save any problems when you arrive.
You will also need to be proficient in there use of Dart Connect as the events are on a loser marks basis, the practice groups info and the event set up for you on Saturday 4th July are for your benefit so use them, as there will not be anyone else there to mark for you.
The PDC will forward on to all Non UK Players a headed PDC Letter with all the information on the ‘Bubble’ including the quarantine, test and environment for your own use and in case needed at arrival in the UK as this has been agreed with UK Borders are appropriate.
Travelling in UK on Public Transport:
If travelling on the Tube, Bus, Train or in a Taxi it is important to remember you must wear a face mask whilst travelling or you may not be able to travel.
While in the ‘Bubble’ at the Venue/Hotel:
You must remember that if you leave the ‘Bubble’ you will not be able to return into it until you have a further negative test at your own cost, which may result in missing events.
Please make sure you are covered in your travel insurance policy, if you are unsure you must check. As due to the Pandemic, you may not be able to claim in certain circumstances.
All countries and regions have different rules on returning to your country of origin, so you must check your governments rules on returning and any quarantine requirements. If you do qualify for the WMP it is worth considering staying in the UK as it is only 6 days until it starts, which will also relinquish any fears of a quarantine when you return.
- Print off your PDC letter, event brief and these notes to bring with you.
- Pack sensibly, you cannot return to your car for anything else including luggage once you have entered the hotel, so make sure you have got everything ‘Double Check’
- All Personal protection equipment ‘PPE’ will be provided on your arrival, it is mandatory to wear this until you reach your room.
- You cannot leave your room for approx 12 hours after testing, so make sure you have some entertainment with you ‘iPad/X-Box etc’ or catering you wish to consume, you can also order room service.
- Social distancing rules will be strictly enforced during the event and any breaches will be punishable under the in-match sanctions.
- You must arrive dressed to play in the arena each day, no changing or luggage storage will be provided outside your room.
- Early or late checkouts will be automatically arranged for all guests to coincide with testing time and departure on Sunday evening.
- The PDC will have a dedicated player liaison officer present to guide you through the testing process
- There will also be a dedicated welfare officer on-site for the entire event who you can contact should you feel unwell or develop Covid-19 symptoms.
- If travelling on any public transport, make sure you stay safe and wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser,
Q > When I arrive in the UK, will I be allowed to enter the UK due to quarantine?
A > The ‘Bubble’ which has been created at the DoubleTree Hilton is sufficient and all players must put that address as their destination address. DoubleTree Hilton, ArenaMK, Stadium Way West, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK1 1ST Enclosed from the PDC is an official letter outlining the ‘Bubble’ Quarantine and testing while at Milton Keynes to keep with them whilst travelling. The rules on UK arrival are: https://link.edgepilot.com/s/f84db5dc/Rcoh3ix0fk2_eo9Z12htHg?u=https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control
Q > What happens if I have a positive test?
A > You will need to leave the hotel and make your way home to self-isolate, if the symptoms persist or get worse you need to get medical attention. If you are a Non UK Resident please speak to the staff on site which includes the health officer, PDC & PDPA Officials immediately who will assist you with what steps you are required to take.
Q > Once I have finished playing in the summer series, can I go home on my return flight (14 Days UK Quarantine)
A > It is important for players to check with their own regions or government rules and advice as it is your responsibility on your return to your home country. You need to obtain local advice for that and be aware that there is a chance it could change by the time the events come around, as these can change regularly, from a UK point of view this is fine.
Q > Does my travel insurance cover me on this trip?
A > Its important as always for everyone to check their own travel insurance policy to make sure you are covered, if you are still unsure you should contact you travel insurance provider.
Q > What happens when I arrive at the Hotel?
A > You will receive a time slot from the PDC for your test, and the players liaison officer will guide you through the procedure, obviously players can arrive at different times so these must be forwarded to the PDC as soon as possible. Once you have had your test, you can check in, go to your room and are required to stay there until you receive your test results.
Q > Will the Bar, Restaurant and Gym be open in the Hotel?
A > Yes, the pitch side bar and restaurant will be open as well as the arena bars and room service menu, The Gymnasium will be open for players use only ’Under Government Rules’ and appointments must be made to use it with the hotel once you are on site.
Q > Are we allowed to order takeaway deliveries?
A > No, deliveries from external restaurants, takeaways and shops are not permitted to the hotel or arena.
Q > Can I bring someone with me?
A > All rooms in the hotel are for single occupancy unless they are someone who lives with you, they will also require to be tested at their own cost (£110) and is available only on Tuesday July 7th Registered Managers & Agents or their company representative are also eligible and will also require a test at their own cost, these are required to be sent to the Tournament Director Mt Graham Fairhurst. Please see your event brief.