PDPA Travel and Hotels
Make sure you know everything that you need to do to travel safely, updated on the 14th March 2022.
Pandemic Travel Information
GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card)
Pandemic Friendly Travel Insurance
PDPA Travel Partner ‘Travel Counsellors’
Holiday Inn Barnsley (PDPA Official Hotel)
European Tour (Hotels/Flights)
1 – Pandemic Travel Information
As of 20-06-2022 there are no travel restriction for entering Germany, United Kingdom, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary or Gibraltar. For the Netherlands Click Here Fully vaccinated UK nationals who can provide acceptable proof of vaccination, which includes the UK COVID Pass, are allowed to enter the Netherlands.
Dutch Tour Card Holders: (Apply for NOC Certificate for return home) If you have not already got a certificate you can receive as an elite sportsman an NOC Certificate via the NDB for travelling back to the Netherlands to aid travel.
- To do this you must message (Via WhatsAPP)
- Mr Patrick Stolk +31 65 4 774 026
- Send: Your name, Your dob, are you player or coach and your Tel No
- If you need any further information please contact PDPA European Director Jacques Nieuwlaat +31 6 52007358 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful info link if unsure: Add your starting point and destination to this link which will give you the guidelines of what you need to do for your travel CLICK HERE
2 – The UK GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card)
This replaces the EHIC since Brexit, for all the info and how to to apply please CLICK HERE
3 – For the Official bespoke sports PDPA Travel Insurance via our Partners ‘Certis’ full information ‘tbc’
Welcome to our new PDPA official Travel Insurance with ‘Certis’ specifically for sports people, with added Pandemic notes.
Key policy features specific to Sports Travel+
- Medical Expenses and repatriation cover if you are injured whilst participating in your sport
- Cancellation cover if injured and cannot compete
Cover for Covid-19, if you have a positive diagnosis
- Emergency medical and repatriation expenses
- Reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses (room only) for insured person to extend their stay until they are medically fit to return to the United Kingdom
- Reasonable additional travelling and accommodation expenses to repatriate insured person to the United Kingdom when they are denied boarding on their pre-booked return travel due to contracting COVID-19.
- Confinement benefit: a benefit payment of £30 for each complete 24 hour period up to £300 where insured person are ordered into self-isolation in their holiday accommodation by a relevant Government authority, as a result of them contracting COVID-19
For a quote click here
4 – PDPA TRAVEL PARTNER ‘TRAVEL COUNSELLORS’
For All Flights:
The PDPA Official Travel Partner ‘Travel Counsellors’ are here to help all of our members travel requirements in 2018, Tina Tomlinson at Travel Counsellors is here to give you travel advice, help and a fully professional service.
To register for this service send the following CLICK HERE Full Name (as written on passport), Contact number, Email address, Date of birth, Address, Passport number, Passport issue date, Passport expiry date, Country of issue, Nationality, Nearest departure airport/s
- Email: PDPA@travelcounsellors.com
- Website: www.travelcounsellors.co.uk/tina.tomlinson
- Office: 0161 826 6790
- Tina Mobile: 07510 580427
- Facebook: @TCTinaT
- Twitter: @TCTinaT
- Instagram @TCTinaT
5 – Passports
On the day you travel, you’ll need your passport to both:
- have at least 3 months left (6 months for some countries)
- be less than 10 years old (even if it has 6 months or more left)
6 – Visas
For the PDPA website information CLICK HERE To enter the UK and stay for less than one month, you can travel on a visitors visa.
1 – Official PDPA Hotel in Barnsley
Holiday Inn (4*) Barnsley Road, Dodworth, South Yorkshire, Barnsley S75 3JT
PDPA Corporate Rate:
- FREE WiFi
- FREE Parking
- FREE Breakfast
- CANCEL up to the day on single bookings.
- Link to hotel website for info CLICK HERE
Friday – Sunday £55 Single + £10 for extra guest i.e. double/twin
Monday – Thursday £64 Single + £10 for extra guest i.e. double/twin
Call Direct 01226 329100
Email email@example.com (Quoting PDPA when booking)
You will be required to leave a debit or credit card number (and expiry date) to secure the room in the system. However, please note that ‘No Charge’ will be taken from the card. If you need to cancel please contact the hotel prior to estimated arrival not after.
Other Hotels in Barnsley:
- For any of the 3 Premier Inns follow this link CLICK HERE
- For any other hotels via booking.com CLICK HERE
2 – European Tour Hotels & Flights
For 2023 and concluding 2022 Tina Tomlinson at Travel Counsellors will be the only route to book the official hotel for all European Tour events.
Currently for any other events in Niedernhausen and Hildesheim, i.e. Players Championship/Challenge Tour/Development Tour/Women’s Series there is a direct link on the website calendar to book direct.