The 'Entry Deadline' has now passed for the 2021 PDC European Qualifying School with stage one will be over two sessions in February from Niedernhausen, Germany.
The draws for stage 1a and 1b will be announced at the bottom of this page when available. The 2021 Qualifying Schools had initially been announced to be staged in January, however due to heightened restrictions in the UK and across Europe now starts on the 8th February 2021.
Stage One will be held in two blocks of three days (due to entry numbers)
- Stage 1a February 8th-10th
- Stage 1b February 11th-13th
- Stage 2 February 14th-17th
Players are always advised to only make flexible or cancellable travel or accommodation bookings if making reservations at this time.
2021 Qualifying School Information
Up to ten days of action will see players competing in First and Final Stages to win two-year PDC Tour Cards to compete on the professional circuit.
In a new development for 2021, the players who lose their Tour Card following the 2020 season will be exempt to the Final Stage of Qualifying School, alongside players who finished in the Top 16 of the 2020 Challenge Tour and Development Tour Orders of Merit.
A three-day Stage One of Qualifying School will allow ANY darts player aged 16 or above to compete for a place in Final Stage, which will be limited to sufficient players to produce a full round of a maximum of 128 players per venue.
The last four players from each of the three days in Stage One will move through automatically to Final Stage, with ranking points given to other players based on the number of match wins from the first full round onwards to form an Order of Merit from which further players will move into Final Stage.
Tour Cards will be allocated to players from the Final Stage, with the last two players on each day at the UK Qualifying School and the winner at the European Qualifying School on each day securing a Tour Card by right.
Further Tour Cards will be allocated to the overall four-day Final Stage Order of Merit pro-rata based on overall entries. Entry, costing £450 per player (which includes £50 DRA sanction fee), is now available and can be made through PDC Tournament Entry System.
Players who have not previously played in PDC events will be required to Register with this system before being able to enter. Players who competed in PDC events in 2019 or 2020 will use the same login details for this system at this link.
The entry deadline is being moved to accommodate the new dates, and will be advertised appropriately. Entry will be limited to a maximum for 512 players per venue for First Stage. If you wish to withdraw and apply for a refund of an entry, please contact PDC Tournament Director Graham Fairhurst.
Following your confirmed entry, the PDPA will contact you via your registered email address to complete your PDPA Membership. Players who do not win a PDC Tour Card will become PDPA Associate Members and be eligible to compete on the PDC Unicorn Challenge Tour in 2021.
The 2021 Challenge Tour will feature a minimum of eight events before the end of June 2021, with details of further events and all dates to be confirmed on entry. Players wishing to compete in Qualifying School are advised not to book non-refundable hotels or travel at present; further details will be confirmed to players in due course.
Players from the UK, Republic of Ireland and Gibraltar shall play in the UK Q School. Players from all other European Nations shall play in the European Q School. Players from other nations may choose in which Q School to participate.
- Guests - space is limited and only parents/guardians of under 18s and DRA Registered Agents will be permitted IF space allows
- Testing - at the present time, testing is still to be finalised and will be communicated once known
- PDPA Membership - submit your details using the PDPA’s online Membership System.
- Note - please be aware that we will be in a better position to confirm any further information once the deadline has closed and the full entry level is established. All information is also subject to the constantly changing factors caused by the global pandemic and can change at any time. Please be patient and please read all the information below so you have a full understanding of the information as available to us today (15 Jan 2021).
- Pandemic - Everyone is aware of the pandemic and the issues, concerns, challenges and disruption it is causing. The PDC Qualifying School has already been moved from January to February and has, in addition, moved back by one day.
2021 PDC Qualifying School
European Qualifying School - H+ Hotel Conference Centre, Niedernhausen, Germany
Stage One - February 8th-10th & February 11th-13th
- Any player who enters (other than those exempt to Final Stage). Players must be aged 16 or above on January 4th 2021.
- Stage One will consist of three days of play, with each day's play featuring a random draw with no seedings and games over the best of 11 legs.
- The final four players from each day move automatically to Final Stage.
- Players will receive one point per win from the first full round onwards. Players level on points shall be split by Leg Difference, then Legs Won, then Overall Average (based on DartConnect scoring) and then a Play-Off if necessary.
Final Stage - February 14th-17th
The UK Qualifying School and European Qualifying School will each feature 128 players, comprised as follows (split per venue as per geographical eligibility):
- PDC Tour Card Holders from 2020 who lost their Tour Card.
- Players who finished in the Top 16 of the 2020 PDC Challenge Tour Order of Merit
- Players who finished in the Top 16 of the 2020 PDC Development Tour Order of Merit
- Qualifiers from the First Stage of Qualifying School (however many are needed to make up 128 after the above three criteria have been fulfilled)
Final Stage will consist of four days of play, with each day's play featuring a random draw with no seedings and games over the best of 11 legs.
The winner on each day at the European Qualifying School receive a two-year PDC Tour Card for 2021/22. Further Tour Cards will be awarded to players pro-rata from the UK and European Qualifying School Orders of Merit.
Players will receive one point per win from the first full round onwards. Players level on points shall be split by Leg Difference, then Legs Won, then Overall Average (based on DartConnect scoring) and then a Play-Off if necessary.
Players exempt to Stage Two
- PDC Tour Card Holders from 2020 who lost their Tour Card (14):
Maik Kuivenhoven, Martin Schindler, Jan Dekker, Benito van de Pas, Rowby-John Rodriguez, Niels Zonneveld, Markko Kantele, Geert Nentjes, Christian Bunse, Toni Alcinas, John Michael, Vincent Van der Meer, Yordi Meeuwisse, Mike van Duivenbode.
- Players who finished in the Top 16 of the 2020 PDC CTOoM (2):
Mikel Verberk, Jitse van der Wal
- Players who finished in the Top 16 of the 2020 PDC DTOoM (4):
Damian Mol, Kevin Doets, Brian Raman, Sebastian Bialecki
Drawn players for Stages 1a and 1b
The official PDC Europe hotel/venue for this event is below.
H+ Hotel, Wiesbaden, Zum Grauen Stein 1, 65527 Niedernhausen, Germany
This hotel can ONLY be booked via PDC-Europe Gabi Brock firstname.lastname@example.org if you have already booked this via another hotel search engine, or have booked another hotel you will need to be cancel and re-booked as above, as you will only be able to play at Q-School if you are in this hotel via this booking route. If you fail to do this and turn up with an another booking you may well be turned away.
85€ Single - Including Breakfast
95€ Double/Twin - Including Breakfast
On all PDC & PDPA announcements and correspondence, you have been advised to ONLY BOOK refundable/amendable accommodation and travel during these unprecedented times.
We now know there HAS to be one procedure for hotel bookings so that the events fulfil the authorities requirements in order to allow the events to be staged, which is non-negotiable.
We are very much aware of the issues players now have due to this change and although sympathetic, we are not in control of the regulations which are placed upon us due to the pandemic. We can only advise you using the information we have at the time.
As it stands, the events would not go ahead if this hotel status was not in force and it is mandatory for players (even those who live close by) to stay at the official hotels to maintain a bubble. This means any previous hotels bookings at these hotels via any route which was not the PDC or PDE Europe will need to be cancelled.
At this point you will be able to check whether you are in the 1A or 1B draws allowing you secure your accommodation date requirements via the PDC or PDC Europe.
The current global issue is not an easy situation for anyone of us.
The most important priority is to try and make sure the events go ahead with the complete knowledge that every effort is made by all to ensure a safe environment. We all have a responsibility to follow all the correct guidelines and health protocols.
The situation is constantly being monitored and if there are any changes or any further updates, everyone will be informed as soon as is possible either via email from us or via official PDC, PDC Europe and PDPA websites and social media channels. Do not rely on any other sources for factual information.
Travel to the NIEDERNHAUSEN:
H+ Hotel, Wiesbaden, Zum Grauen Stein 1, 65527 Niedernhausen, Germany
For directions CLICK HERE
- Travel - you must keep yourself up to date with national and international travel requirements as is applicable to you.
- Arrivals into Germany need to provide a negative COVID test taken no more than 48 hours before arrival and register in advance via ‘Digital Registration on Entry’ – for which, information is available here The latest Risk Areas list for Germany is available here
- All players travelling TO or WITHIN Germany must ensure they are up to date with any requirements applicable to them in that region.
- Please be aware of the current lockdown rules in Germany, or surrounding areas where you may have to travel through and keep updated.