All PDC Tour Card Holders are entitled to a FREE BUPA Health scan as provided by the PDPA, these are due to continue at some point through 2021 but are currently on hold due to the pandemic.
To search for your nearest BUPA Health centre please follow the link CLICK HERE add you location and see which is the nearest one to you. If you do not reside in the UK these can be arranged for you when over here for events.
What happens in a health scan and assesment:
CLICK HERE for all the full information on your health scan/assessment. These usually last around 2 hours where most of the tests will be done in the first hour and a consultation with a consultant for the second hour.
- Full Blood Count (for anaemia and immunity)
- Blood Glucose (for diabetes)
- Cholesterol Blood Test (for risks of heart attack & stroke)
- Liver Function Test (for the effects of alcohol and much more)
- Kidney Function Test (for Urea and Electrolytes)
- Thyroid Function Test
- PSA Test (for Prostate cancer testing)
- Blood Clotting (for risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis)
- Blood Group (for ABO)
- Allergy Testing
- Organise X-rays (If Needed)
- Organise MRI Scans (If Needed)
- Blood Pressure
Following these tests above (There is a faecal test which you do at home and post) and joint position/movement test OR a hearing test.
In the last hour you have a consultation with a consultant about any other issues you wish to discuss. After all the tests are completed, you receive a full and comprehensive results sheet which also gives you analysis of where you could be in 5 and 10 years.
This is the information we usually send out around March/April each year. These have not been distributed as these are currently on hold.
Dear Tour Card Holder,
The PDPA’s partnership with Bupa is yet to re-continue due to the pandemic and most are currently closed or working on emergencies only, as a Tour Card Holder you are entitled to a FREE Bupa Health Check as a PDPA Membership benefit.
What you need to do if you want to arrange a FREE Health Check:
- Look out for an email from BUPA inviting you to book your appointment (check spam/junk folders if not delivered to your inbox)
- Use Bupa’s Online Booking Tool within the email to select an appointment – you will need the PDPA’s Post Code; CA2 5BB to set this up
- Arrange and then make sure you ATTEND your appointment. (Please see cancellation policy below).
- If you have any issues or problems please let PDPA Secretary Zoe Banks know asap via email email@example.com or call the office 01228 594273
Cancelation or No-Show Policy:
Your Card details will be requested by Bupa at the point of booking but will only be charged in the event of a late cancellation or non-attendance as per the fees set out in Bupa’s terms and conditions.
These health checks are offered via the PDPA’s Health and Wellbeing budget and we will not subsidise cancelled or unattended appointments.